Saturday, January 21, 2006

God's Timing

Yeah, so I'm still miserably behind. I read up to Genesis 36, yesterday. Today, I got a PM from a friend wanting to know why God asked Abraham to sacrifice his "only son, Isaac," when Abraham had had another son. For my friend, this was a serious issue!

If I hadn't just read Gen 21 yesterday, where Sarah threw a hissy and had Abraham send off Hagar and Ishmael so he wouldn't share in Isaac's inheritance, I wouldn't have been able to help my friend. :)

2 Comments:

At 1/21/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Zoanna said...

Like the content here. I am trying to read thru the Bible this year. Never done it cover to cover. So far so good. Nice to "meet" another Christian.

 
At 1/25/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger Badoozie said...

i'm way down the list, so i don't know if you'll read this, but hagar's son was meant to grow up and lead the rebels, so to speak. he was not meant for the same greatness as isaac. so i would guess that was why. in a way, hagar's son was cursed, because of the cirucumstances surrounding that story. if i remember correctly God told her the son would be a wild, lawless sort when he grew up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home