Sunday, March 19, 2006

From Proverbs to Song of Songs

I`m slowly catching up and getting into reading again. I quite enjoyed the book of Proverbs although at times some of them seemed a bit repetitive. I did notice that chapter 25: 6-7 seemed to have links to one of the stories of Jesus and verse 21 too had links to his teaching. Which made me realise that these books of the Bible would possibly have been the ones Jesus had been taught from too.
Ecclesiastes, although I was familiar with the first 8 verses of chapter three, I`d never read any of the rest of it before and I found it a good read, and liked the thinking and thoughts from it.
The Song of Songs puzzles me though, as to why it`s in the Bible, I couldn`t see any kind of a link to what had gone before, and to me, it just didn`t seem to fit.

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 1:30 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

yeah a lot of us have trouble figuring out SoSongs - some say it's an allegory of God and his church /people - but I'm not sure what I think.

Some of it is lovely though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home