Sunday, April 23, 2006

Withdrawing for prayer

One verse in Luke 5 that particulary caught my attention was verse 16

"And from time to time he (Jesus) would withdraw to remote places for prayer"

I thought, what a lesson there is in that for me - If Jesus (God`s own Son) needed to get away from being busy to be alone and to pray, how much more I need to do that - that I must make more time in my busy life for prayer.
I have such good intentions of doing so, but must confess that I find it so difficult to actually put into practice and do. Maybe I need to try and find a quiet place to withdraw to, rather than try and do it in the house where there are always distractions - like a phone ringing, mail to answer etc.. But, where and when remain the questions!

2 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 4:30 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

sometimes that quiet place is the deliberate withdrawing mentally from where you are - the being with God when you stir the soup or wait for the pc to start up.

just a thought

I find it hard to make that quiet time happen and need more discipline, but I think allowing ourselves to make space for God in the ordinary is very good too

 
At 4/26/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Thanks for those thoughts.
I did find myself as I walked to work yesterday morning mentally thanking God for the daffodils and world about me, and then thinking of people I knew who were in need of prayer. So maybe that`s a way I can find a quiet "space" each day. (As long as I don`t meet anyone to stop and talk to!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home