Friday, January 06, 2006

Welcome!

Funny stuff .... I was still trying to tweak the set-up of this thing, and all the sudden there was all this other stuff besides just my generic "test" post. I guess that'll teach me to send out the invitations until AFTER I'm all set and ready to go!

A couple logistical details to the BibleBloggers .... I'm thinking we each give a little introductory post to help give a context for where we're each coming from. Besides the standard introductory details (as your bloggish identity permits, anyway), let's perhaps also include denominational background, scriptural experience, reasons for joining up, and thoughts as we begin. If you want to add a photo, great; also, be sure to include your blog address.

Additionally, if you don't have your blog as your "Webpage" address in your blogger profile, please do so -- that way clicking the author's name of a post will take someone to the author's blog.

If anyone else wants to jump on board, just send me your e-mail and I'll add you on. The more the merrier! (Also, the more people posting, the easier for the slackers procrastinators to not be so noticed!) Many of the commenters echoed me with the "We'll see how this goes" ... so no one should feel too intimidated by us. Except maybe me, now that I've kinda started this whole thing ..... no bailing now! External accountability works wonders for me, though, so thanks for joining me.

Let's have fun!

If you're wanting to know how we got this started, here are my initial posts about it.

4 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to do this read the bible in 90 days (how much time should I anticipate reading each day?) and where do I send my e-mail adress to so I can join in? I'm rather new to "Blog land" and have only been reading them for several months (and loving it I might add!)

 
At 1/06/2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Steph Youstra said...

Ummmm ..... I haven't read mine yet {said very sheepishly} -- been too busy getting all this set up. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll add my e-mail on the side.

srsteph @ gmail . com [without spaces, of course]

Love you have you join us!

 
At 1/06/2006 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eem it says 12 pages (which on day one is Gen 1- Gen 15:4

it says between 45 mins to 1 hour

today's took me about 35 mins, but I didn't really time it.

There's also some good advice on how to catch up Sr.Steph so no worries mate !

 
At 1/09/2006 2:00 AM, Blogger chipbennett said...

Good luck to you all! I'll have to stop in and see how y'all are progressing. I would join you, but I'm taking a different approach to a similar goal.

Huzzah for Bible-blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home