Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Women in Genesis again

I somehow want to start out by saying, "sorry" that what keeps grabbing me in this reading is how badly and inconsistently women are treated.

But I don't think it's something to apologize for. Maybe this is what God is trying to show me (for some reason) in this reading.

I've always loved the story of Joseph and his brothers. Of course I guess I didn't know the whole thing! But especially that Israel got to see his son alive before he died.

I especially enjoyed Gen 49: Jacob Blesses His Sons. What lovely poetry. Again, I don't have the background for all this but could enjoy reading about it. I have a lot of things already that I need to get back to.

Love this:
Gen. 50:18: His brothers then came and threw themselves down before him. "We are your slaves," they said. But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

Off to Exodus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home