Wednesday, January 11, 2006

me again

The second day of Exodus has nearly killed me.
And I've still chapters 25-27 to go. Luckily my Bible has some pictures to help me here. I find it really hard to visualise buildings at the best of times. Good that God doesn't give me a blue print - I can barely assemble duplo doll's house!

I loved the song of Miriam and Moses but the rest of today's was hard going.

The decalogue (Ten Commandments) were familiar of course but good to read them in context. I found myself picturing the mountain on fire- like Mt St Helene's erupting - but the whole thing :)

I found myself getting interested in the crime and punishment section. Understood better the law of an 'eye for an eye' - (limited the punative damages)

and then the three main feasts
Passover Feast of unleavened bread
Pentecost Feast of Harvest
and
the autumn Harvest thanksgiving Feast of ingathering

I was also really struck by the first "This is the blood of the covenant" and how the priests and elders ate in the presence of God! It must have been awesome! (and scary too)

Still to read - the last three chapters.
That will be the third session today.

It is my imagination or are these "12 pages" longer - or is it that they just contain more information and details.

I feel overloaded :(

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger ~Jennifer said...

"It is my imagination or are these "12 pages" longer - or is it that they just contain more information and details."

I start Exodus today. I'll let you know. I have no doubt that some of it will be more slow going than other parts.

 
At 1/12/2006 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday was bad for me. I almost skipped the whole reading, because I had such a bad day.

But I'm glad I did it anyway, even if it was a boring chunk of text. Now it's done (and more boring stuff to come... sigh.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home