Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Checking In

One book of the bible down, so I thought I'd check in. I'm tending to read my passages at night, before bed, though if I were smarter I'd do it earlier in the day...

I usually take about 30-45 minutes to read the selection. The problem for me, as some of you have expressed, is getting caught up in the details. I take notes as I read, and get irked over this and that: unnamed women. God's presence=a fair degree worldy success (at least so far). Strange reactions to events - annoyed and jealous brothers kill Joseph? Jacob doesn't get that his favoritism will land his son in trouble, as it landed him in trouble? But I will admit that the Joseph story is one of the best of Genesis - no wonder it was made into an Andrew Lloyd Weber musical - what a scandalous soap-opera style saga...

Anyway, glad to be reading, and hope my enthusiasm will last me through less familiar and less enjoyable books (read: Numbers, Leviticus, 1&2 Chronicles...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home