Monday, January 09, 2006

The Neverending Story

This is my third day of the challenge, and I'm finding it easier to read the daily chapters than I thought it would be. I leave my bible opened on my bed and I just take little breaks during the day to read, then I get pulled in. It reminds me of The Neverending Story. Every time Bastian opens the book and begins reading, something amazing happens and he is drawn into another world.

The exciting thing about reading the bible is I fully expect the book to come alive for me, just as The Neverending Story did for Bastian. I know that passages I have read many times will suddenly take on new meaning, and I'm looking forward to that. It hasn't happened yet during these past three days, but I've still enjoyed my reading time and having my bible opened on my bed, waiting for me, is like a standing invitation to sit at the Lord's feet. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger Unknown Preacher said...

Dude! I love that movie. As a kid I was so Bastian. I hadn't really thought of it like that, but yea there have been times when I start to read just a bit and sort of find myself several more chapters down the road than I intended.

 
At 1/10/2006 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen it :( They do have cinemas and video/DVD stores here in Finland but I just never seem to do that. Though I did get to see Narnia and Pride and Prejudice both during Christmas week - how about that? (grin)

I loved the idea of being drawn into the Bible!

 
At 7/28/2009 9:47 PM, Blogger TinxWinx said...

I am looking for a producer for The Neverending Story on stage at Javits Convention Center in New York City. Both an opera and ballet score have been composed by Siegfried Matthus. And along with The Kennedy/Marshall Co. and Appian Way, Warner Bros. is producing The Neverending Story as a modern feature film with an original soundtrack.

Please refer to my website for more details by following the link below.

www.the-neverending-story.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home