Sunday, January 08, 2006

Day 3 by eija

Lorna's questions:

1.Did you manage to read the "12 pages"?
Yes, three days in a row now. It's been surprisingly easy, and I have to say, I'm almost proud of myself! *blush* My reading is more than 12 pages, because I have only a mid-sized Bible. So the more accurate number is something like 15 or 16 pages.

2.How did you achieve it? Was it in one sitting or more?
Where do you read?Do you make any notes? Underline?
How did you deal with distractions or interruptions?
One sitting more or less. Yesterday I had one interruption when daughter no 2 didn't sleep as she was supposed to. Today I had a zillion interruptions, with the dog whining, D no 2 jumpin around, crying, calling her dad (who is at work) and needing and extra bed time story. Also my mind wondered a lot. But I went on reading after every interruption.
The first reading was in an armchair in the living room, with a blanket on my feet. It was nice and cozy, but only possible when the kids are asleep and hubby's at work. Yesterday and today I read at my desk in front of the pc.
I'm prepared to make notes, if needed. And I have made some underlinings and scribbles on the marginal. But the main purpose for me is to concentrate on the reading.

3. How long does it take to read the passages?
Haven't timed. It might become an obstacle, if I knew how long it takes. Also, when reading, I won't bladder the sheets that are left, I'll just keep on reading until I hit my end-mark.

4. What are your thoughts so far?
I have to do this. Not for you, not even for God. But for me! Because I know this will have a great impact on my relationship with God.

I have a dilemma... When - if - I come up with something to blog about the readings, the "natural way" would be to make a post in the invisible, and that's the way I want to keep it, too. But what about this blog? Should I link those posts here, or copy them here? Or what? I sure don't have time to write two postings on the same subject...

Here is a post about my first reading on Friday.

Keep it up, guys!

-e-

3 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where you post is up to you I guess. I think a link like you did here is good.

I tend to write different things on my blog (as you know :) ) so most of hte 90 days stuff will come here. (maybe with a link from stf)

What I thought I MIGHT do is write a quick blog about each book when it's done.

In a way I've been surprised that I can do this. I think that readers over there could be encouraged by that statement alone.

In my Bible 12 pages can be a lot more as I use a study bible so most large pages are only half a page of Bible. I don't count the page numbers - hence I wrote "12 pages"

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bible they advertise though - as large font and more readable style MIGHT be good for some. WOnder if they still use the two column lay out or not?

 
At 1/08/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger Steph Youstra said...

Feel free to cross-post (copy the post and paste it into both blogs), or link, or however you want to do it. As it says in the sidebar .... It's all good!

If it's something that you've cross-posted, you might want to put at the bottom: "Cross-posted to" and then a link to your blog. That way we know it's something you wanted to doubly-blog, and then if we want we can see the comments added there, too. Just a thought.

 
At 1/09/2006 2:40 AM, Blogger eija said...

Thanks, all of you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home