Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Adventure Begins

I'm excited to begin this challenge! I've known for some time now that a necessary part of deepening my relationship with the Lord and strengthening my faith would be getting into the word more regularly than I have been, but I just haven't known exactly how to begin. I've been reading a little of this, a little of that. I've been looking up passages that are referenced in other books I'm reading, but I have never read the bible from cover to cover. I know I've started several times, the first time when I was a little girl. I started with the New Testament, and I didn't get past the genealogy of Jesus! Now when I look at it thirty years later that sea of names isn't nearly as long as it seemed at eight years old. The timing is perfect for me with this 90 day reading plan.

My name is Jennifer and my regular blog is called Sob'ah My Soul. I grew up Catholic, but left the church in my early twenties, craving something I wasn't finding there. That's not to say whatever I was craving was not there to be found. I just had to take a different path. I have just started attending our church, which is a non-denominational, evangelical church, after a long absence due to,... well, depression I guess.

I'm beginning this challenge with an open mind and an expectant heart. Thanks for inviting me along for the ride!

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wei hei (or however you spell it)

It's wonderful you have signed up! And I love your photo

be blessed :)

 
At 1/08/2006 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understand about needing to find a different path. I went away from the church of my youth in my 20's and somehow ended up back there 10 years later. :) God's got a plan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home