Friday, January 06, 2006

Hi

Hello -
I'm giving this a try, and like everyone, intimidated. The last time I read the Bible straight through was in 9th grade or so, and I took longer to do it than 90 days. Also, last time, I didn't get caught up over every little word and the theological implications of it! I used to be much more disciplined in my scripture reading. Now, as a pastor, I find I read less, and that doesn't seem right! I tend to know the lectionary passages very well - not as well passages that never make it into the lectionary.

For details of me: I'm a United Methodist clergy woman in Central NY, USA. I am a probationary elder, hoping to be ordained in June, God (and the Board of Ordained Ministry) willing. Blog is here, main website here.

I'm nervous, mostly, that I won't make it through, but I'm trying not to put pressure on myself, reminding myself that the world won't end if I don't make it...

1 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 10:34 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

Beth this is so cool that you are here too. We'll struggle together. Jason wrote a post about learning that as pastors the best preparation for service is to spend time with God and His word

your congregation are in for a TREAT :)

ordination in JUNE. oh that's so wonderful, will be praying for this too. (I still think the UMC with its localpastors and elders is so weird!! lol)And there's enough of the sacramental in me to want to be ordained as a sacrament - sigh - wonder why I'm in the UMC sometimes! But God knows :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home