Saturday, January 07, 2006

This may well be all you hear from me...

as I am utterly brilliant at starting projects, and even better at not finishing them!*
Despite being a life-long Christian, and now in my second year of full-time ordained ministry in the Church of England, I have NEVER read the Bible from cover to cover. Of course, as a priest I am committed to saying the Daily Office, so cover a large proportion of Scripture reflectively in the course of a year, but this is something quite different.Being at the "liberal catholic" end of the spectrum, my faith has tended always to rest more on Sacraments than Word,-though as an English graduate words are to some extent my stock in trade, and I read everything else non- stop, including the cornflakes packet. However, when talking to friends from the evangelical tradition, I rather envy what I perceive as their relationship with the Bible, so anything that helps me to become more at home with the whole canon has got to be a Good Thing.
I arrived via RevGalBlogPals, a ring I've been part of since its inception last summer. Grateful thanks to Steph for providing the impetus for this, even if I fail dismally to complete the course..I blog over at Good in Parts, where there is far more about me, my life and my faith than anyone honestly wants to know.

*
For those of you who know the Belbin tests, my "completer/finisher" score is into negative numbers....

2 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn I LOVE your honesty. And I'm glad you are here!

 
At 1/08/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Steph Youstra said...

You and me both! (the non-finishing, I mean!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home