Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hello All


Happy to be here! I arrived via Steph and the RevGalBlogPals ring. A Sunday start works great for me!

I'm an Episcopalian (from birth, by baptism, confirmation, and also by adult Christian choice). I'm a member of the choir and a Daughter of the King (an order of women vowed to daily prayer and service). I'm looking to deepen my knowledge of scripture and to better share my joy in Christ with others.

I've NEVER read the Bible all the way through (she admitted with trepidation). And I'm a major reader, too. Well, better late than never! I had started a "Read the Bible in a Year" program on January 1, and while that was good, it was not a "straight through" program, but rather a couple of chapters here, a couple there....pretty much the same thing I've always done! So I'm very glad that Steph started this group, and glad to have you all to be accountable to.

Professionally, I'm director of the Study Abroad program at a state university. (This oddly-formatted photo was taken at Dylan Thomas' boathouse in Laugharne, Wales). I've worked in this field for 18 years (started while in grad school) and loved it so much that I changed from my original path, which was to get a PhD and be an English professor. I have never regretted it! I have an awesome opportunity to help students change their lives in a major way.

Okay, I'm off to do my Saturday morning errands and chores, and to locate that NIV and start reading! Blessings to each of us as we open this amazing book and embark on a tremendous adventure together.

1 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Beth! this is GREAT that you are onboard.

Oh I'm even more excited than yesterday :)

(and I too have never read the Bible cover to cover like this either...!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home