Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ready or not, here I come!



Thank you for this opportunity!

I must be crazy for even contemplating doing this. My life is a tangle of responsibility right now, not all of which is church related. But I am increasingly aware of how unproductive it is for me as a pastor to read less of the Bible than I used to before I was ordained! Now when I read I tend to be doing sermon outlines in my head, if not actually on paper. This will stop that, I hope, because if I'm going to read 12 pages a day I will NOT have time to compose outlines.

About me...I'm the pastor of an Assemblies of God church in Wisconsin. I am wife to a prison chaplain, and mom to two grown children. One is married. No grandchildren, as of yet. My 89 year old mom lives with us. We just got a new cat. I am a kinda new member of RevGalBlogPals. My "other" blog is The Owl's Song. I am changing, inside, in significant ways I cannot yet articulate. Enough information for now? :-)

I'm so thankful to have others with me on this endeavor. I've read the Bible through several times, but not recently, and certainly not in only 90 days!

2 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I skipped over here cos ukok had left a comment over at stf during the night saying that she had signed up and was leaving a post here.

When I got here you (and Jennifer!) had posted in the night - and it's so good to be attempting this with both of you!

I find myself in situations in rl and think "this'll blog" and the same when I read the Bible "oh this will preach!" so I agree with you reading the 12 pages a day will help me stop that (a bit!)

Yesterday when I was doing the reading I was also allowing God to speak - so underlining odd verses here and there. I like to do that - usually I put a date but I think as we'll do this in 90 days (by God's grace and with a lot of encoruagement from each other) I think I'll just put a "90" by it.

I have 1 year old Bible (bought for Advent last year) so it's not dogeared yet. I thought I would buy a new NIV (or whatever version I'm using in ministry) every 3rd year.

Welcome - REALLY glad you are here! (nice photo too)

 
At 1/08/2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thanks! You mean I am already behind? Ack! I'm going to go read now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home