Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Starting Late


Hi, I'm Susie from over here, and i'm getting a late start. I'll briefly introduce myself, and come back later after I've reviewed the reading, and am prepared to answer the questions.

I was raised in a non-instrumental Church of Christ, and later wandered away into the world. Because of the legalism, and fundamental teachings of that church, I never really understood the grace of Jesus Christ. After my divorce in 2000, I came to know Christ on a personal level through attending a "seeker sensitive" church. Currently, I am not attending a church although I am looking, and hoping to become involved in a bible study. For now, I am going to do this. I suffer horribly from depression, and because of the procrastination that goes along with this disease, I don't read my bible very faithfully. I am hoping that this will spurn me on to be more faithful, and dig deeper.

I begin my last semester for my Bachelors in Social Work on January 17, a week from today. I will be carrying 19 credits to finish up in the 4 year time frame, so I will be ready to die when it's over!!

It's nice to meet all of you, and thanks for inviting me!

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger ~Jennifer said...

Susie! Welcome!

Great picture! :-)

 
At 1/10/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Hi Susie! I'm getting a late start too, even though I signed up I am just now reading Genesis one.

You are gorgeous!

And I'll be praying that the Lord will lead you to just the right church family for you;.

 
At 1/11/2006 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Susie! Welcome to you.

Glad you are here, and we all seem to be progressing at our own rate. (My way of saying I'm a little bit behind, myself...) ;)

Hang in there! :) Mary Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home