Wednesday, February 08, 2006

a short detour

After reading the historical books Erza-Nehemiah I've taken a slight detour (it'll last 3-4 days I think) into the apocrypha (deuterocanonical books)

Today I read -for the first time of my life - the lovely story or Tobiah and Sarah. ukok write more about it - and so much better than I could - over here

and in a day or two I'll put some thoughts of my own together about these books, but for now I want to say that I loved my first reading of Tobit. It is a love story, and it gives Glory to God. Tobit was a righteous man and in many ways I think he's an architype of Job before God sent suffering his way. Tobit also suffered and yet never lost faith in God.

Be blessed

Edited: No-one's posted since this so I thought to add
a) I read Judith today. I loved this quote (Judith 8:17 - so while we wait for the salvation that comes from him, let us call upon him to help us and he will hear our cry)

b) nah forget it. Just a rant and it isn't really necessary. More hugs and blessings, Lorna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home