Sunday, February 19, 2006

Do I know what I'm reading?

It doesn't seem that we are many in here anymore :(

I'm struggling big time, too. Missing three days in a row due to guests and then all kinds of busyness - including the whole family going through the pukes - has made it soooooo difficult to resume the reading habit. I'm still 3 days behind, although at the worst it was four, maybe almost 5 days.

Anyway, I'm about half way through the Psalms, and I honestly can't say that I'm enjoying it. Just reading through like a machine, because I "have to". The words and the message aren't "sinking in" - not at all, actually.

I don't think the Psalms fit in this fast phased reading, because they're prayers. They're cries for the Lord, and reading them fast, all in a row, makes me feel like a manic-depressive mental case: From the deepest downs to the utmost highs!

Oh, well, it's just this one time, so maybe I'll survive, after all. But it sure doesn't make me happy *blush*, so I won't do this again, not with the Psalms.

For now, I'm trying to catch up a little bit every day. To read 2-4 pages extra. But honestly, managing even with the "obligatory" daily chunck is a struggle!

Hope all of you silent ones haven't given up the whole thing...

-e-

4 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

Hey Eija,

I am feeling the same way about Proverbs. It seems almost criminal to be rushing through them when each one is meditation worthy. I was thinking as I speed through that I will go back and read or journal about them individually. I have a book called the Book of the Lover and the Beloved. It is 365 little enigmatic sayings by a Spanish Mystic named Ramon Lull. They are supposed to be read over the course of a year. I think Proverbs is like that. One by one. But not now! I have 12 more pages of reading to do! And yes, I, too, have been having a hard time keeping up with my daily dose. I have mostly been reading about 6 pages a day and am trying to be happy that I am at least cracking the book each day.

Love+
Rachel

 
At 2/20/2006 6:21 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Fraid I probably have as far as the 90 days thing goes...I was just frusrated at having to gallop through at such a rate, though I suspect I may school myself to do this in places where the going is tough. Things are just too busy for me to feel it's a good plan to try and carry on with a discipline that wasn't actually making me feel closer to God. So, I'm travelling at a more leisurely rate, but having started don't intend to stop completely till I've made it to Revelation. But no longer part of this journey. Sorry, peoples.

 
At 2/22/2006 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel 6 pages aday is good. Anyway, you've been so much ahead of us all that you have no trouble whatsoever.

Kathryn remember - It's all good!
Why wouldn't you travel with us, just with your own rate?

 
At 2/24/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger see-through faith said...

Kathryn I'm with eija on this."Kathryn remember - It's all good!
Why wouldn't you travel with us, just with your own rate?"
You ARE jouneying with us in this - just at your own rate. and come revelation we'll rejoice with you - just invited us to the party ok?

(leaving this on your blog too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home