Sunday, February 19, 2006

Waning

My enthusiasm has been dampened by family sickness over the last 2 weeks, and I'm finding it hard to feel as inspired about reading Sacred Scripture amidst feelings of nausea, if I'm honest.

I'm not behind yet, but that's only because at one point in my reading I read about 50 pages in one day...now if I read two I give myself a pat on the back :(

Nonetheless, in spite of children vomitting and scaring me silly with soaring temperatures and in spite of them being thoroughly generous and sharing their bugs with me.. I have found some verses to treasure. I had to laugh out loud the other day when I read this;

Psalm 105:23

Then Israel came to Egypt;

Jacob lived as an alien in the land of Ham.

I have to remember...it's all good!

3 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. It's not very uplifting... Trying to decide "shall I read this verse, too, before I go and throw up, or should I go first and then read?"

It's been around in my house, too, so I truly feel for you.

Speaking of which, I have to go... Fast :P

 
At 2/24/2006 6:05 AM, Blogger ukok said...

Sorry to learn that you haven't been well either eija!

Hope you soon feel better!

God Bless.

 
At 2/24/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger see-through faith said...

I'm back - and I forgot my reading plan at home, but had my 'Bible and read something each day - to the sound of Finland and the curling.

I'm loving Isaiah and I really really loved the pslams (eija I was wrong!) proverbs were tricky - so much good stuff I didn't want to read on, but made myself.

hope you are both well - and now Beth has signed in too. I'm glad :)

I'm sure others are plodding on. Sometimes it IS hard. We didn't really expect it to be easy now did we - but I got my enthusiasm back. And also read a great book on the Eucharist - more about that over my place (one of these days)

hugs to all. and heaps of blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home