Monday, March 13, 2006

phew only two days behind now

Daniel check

Hosea check - Ilove the final verse
Who is wise? He will realize these things
Who is discerning? He will understand them
The ways of the Lord are right
the righteous walk in them
but the rebellious stumble in them


Joel check - this is prob my favourite minor prophet. The verse about God restoring the years stolen by the locusts has been a personal promise /prophesy over my life

Amos check - I'm not sure I've ever really read this. I found the repetition of the For three sins of ____ even for four I will not turn back my wrath intriguing. This is a face of God that doesn't get talked about much nowadays, but I found it so comforting that in spite of it all God's voice *Seek me and live* (Am 5:5) rings out clearly.

It feels good to be back in the word again. Tonight I try to read and catch up some more.

But remember it's all good :)

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger ukok said...

if we're 2 days behind, where should we be?

It's taken me longer than I expected because reading the deuterocanon lengthened the process and also because I've been downright lazy!


Some of the books have been so dry and crusty! I'm longing for the New Testament, which I see on the horizon :)

God Bless.

 
At 3/13/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

Oh, I am way behind, then! Still just starting Ezekiel. But I am still hoping to finish by my original end date of April 11th.

In the mean time... I am getting back on track with my 12 pages per day.

 
At 3/14/2006 4:14 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

We should start Matthew today / tomorrow according to my planner.

I'm starting Nahum today
have that Habakkuk
Haggi
Zechariah
and Malachi to do.

I didn't stick with reading the deuterocanonical books Deb :( it just seemed too much. So at the end (after Easter) I'll take Wisdom, Sirach and Baruch. I'm looking forward to Sirach. I've never heard of the book of Baruch though of course know of him. (secretary to Jeremiah)

I didn't find them dry - just unintelligible. Yet the prophesies are important.

spoke to eija yesterday and she's in Daniel.

Minor prophets now and into Gospels by the weekend ladies. It will be good to be on more familiar ground.

I woudl like to finish by palm Sunday so I can set aside Holy Week for a different set of readings.

But let's see.

Remember our motto -it's all good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home