Thursday, March 16, 2006

those pesky minor prophets

good grief. it seemed to take me forever to get though them.
But I'm done :)


This passage stuck out most.

Was it really for me that you fasted? Zec 7:5

And then an echo from Isaiah

this is what the Lord Almighty says: Administer true justice, show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.

That's the cry of Jesus - and as I breathe in today - and step into the NT - it's His Spirit that leads me and opens up the scriptures and I hope helps me to practice my faith. Lent is also a time of alms-giving though we hear little of that, and I've yet to put it into practice in a significant way.

Forgive me lord. Help me become a do-er of Your word. Amen

2 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 6:41 AM, Blogger ukok said...

Lorna, congratulations, I just finished the O.T too!

It was hard work but satisfying :)

God Bless

 
At 3/16/2006 6:39 PM, Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

Hi Lorna,

I am signing up with a bible study this fall that spends a whole year studying the minor prophets! WOW. Luckily I happen to be signing up in time for the 'Romans'year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home