Thursday, January 12, 2006

Back up a little

I was really pondering something last night that troubles me about the beginning of our world. This is back a bit, but I feel it is relevant to the history of our lives. When God first created this world, and everything was perfect, everything was NOT perfect. Or man would not have fallen. What I have found, is that even before the original sin, these things existed in order that the original sin could have happened:
coveting
greed
Lust for power and knowledge
Prone to temptation by material things
selfishness
Doubting God
Putting self before God
Lusting after material things (tree of life)

Am I way off base here? Or was Gods "perfect creation" not so perfect at all?
my mind explores the deepest of caves, and the most complicated of area's in the bible. I struggle with the desire to have the answers to questions I may never have. I struggle with doubt on a regular basis. But at the base of it all, is a desire to know what it is that pleases God. And a desire to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home