Sunday, March 19, 2006

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I finally did it! Read two chunks today (again...) so I'm finally up to date again. Phew :)

Having some troubling thoughts when reading. Like... Jesus wasn't really David's family, was he... Since it was Joseph who was, but he wasn't Jesus' father because Mary was a virgin. Wondering if there's a list of Mary's ancestors somewhere...

Hmh. Some people start believing when they read the Bible. And it seems, that other's tend to start questioning things when reading it *blush*

No, I'm not questioning Jesus. Just wondering some parts in the scripture. He Himself is too........ well, too something for me to question Him :D

-e-

2 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 1:26 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

laughing :) yeah both Geneologies are important.

Jesus was the son of David- because of His adoption by Joseph(or receiving of his name)

And for the record I think questioning is GOOD

 
At 3/24/2006 7:04 PM, Blogger Revem said...

When I was going through Theological college and we got to this point I raised it with my lecturer. He said Jesus was the line of David by adoption.
So I asked was that normal for Jesus day, to which he answered no there isn't any other record of adoption being recognised over blood.

So maybe Mary is actually also a descendnt of David, I said to the lecturer. He answered, yes but it's Joseph that we know about. Completely dismissed the possibility of the magnitude Mary could actually have in relation to the story.

Grrrrrr I gets under my skin when there is little thought outside of traditional.

Ps Questioning is fabulous! Never stop asking why

 

Post a Comment

<< Home