Wednesday, April 19, 2006

nearly forgot

quarter to midnight and I remembered this.

Some very scattered thoughts from half of Luke. (blush)

I'm reading the Message and its new and refreshing and strange after NIV.

the angel said about John the Baptist:
He will herald God's arrival in the style and strength of Elijah, soften the hearts of parents to childre, and kindle devout understanding among hardened skeptics- he'll get people ready for God

(I love it)

Elizabeth went off by herself for five months, relishing her pregnancy.

Why did she go? To where? Was this 'normal' practice for a woman at this time? She relished her pregnancy but didn't flaunt it. Interesting when so much of a woman's identity was bound up in her ability to bears sons. Remember Rachel and Hannah from the OT and our time there?

I love what Gabriel said to Mary (dont you think Peterson really enjoyed his work translating the Bible like this?)

Good Morning.
You're beautiful with God's beauty
Beautiful inside and out
God be with you.

and she was thoroughly shaken!!! (understatement of the year I'd say. I mean those angels were big, and he'd come from the presence of God!) wow.

1 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I like this! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home