Saturday, April 01, 2006

Onto Hebews

I read the Pastoral Letters in bed this morning. (Timothy and Titus)

Two phrases leapt out :)

Onesiphorus often refreshed me (2 Tim 1:16)


and

Now to the King eternal immortal insisible the only God be honour and glory for ever and ever Amen (1 Tim 1:17)


which I've never noticed before but which instantly had me singing the hymn "immortal invisible God only wise" (grin)

Reading Titus it was as if God underlined that our character and our behaviour really matters

"He must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it"


That's a high standard. I found myself doing a mental checklist and finding myself falling short. Repentance brings us back to the heart of God - and that's good - and I'm well aware I can only be what He requires me to be, because of His grace. But I also realise that I need to do some major adjusting in my life and the way I act. It's all good. Wake up calls are - though hurling oneself out of bed isn't always easy.

Be blessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home