Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Romans

read Romans this morning before my exam. It was time well spent and I loved it. It's a long time since I've dipped into Romans I think. Some say Romans is a difficult book. I disagree. Paul's theology is - in the main - quite logical here.

Some thoughts:
Rom 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie.

I've been down that road, thought things that are not true in God's eyes. Especially about myself. One of the problems ofthe postmodern world in which we live is that we are taught that there is no absolute truth. That's at odds with belief in God and that Jesus is our salvation.

Rom 5:3 We rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverence, perseverence character; and character hope. And hope does not disappoint.


we often quote v 4 but the foundation to the hope is that our character is built up in Christ. I need to learn that. And the softy inme rebels against suffering. I think that's ok so long as it doesn't lead to denying or watering down the gospel.

Rom 10:15-16 How can they hear without someone preaching to them, and how can they preach unless they are sent?


A real call to ministry.

and finally Rom 12:9
Love must be sincere.


I hate plastic smiles and phoney friendship. Love is sincere, genuine and real. Sometimes love hurts butit never destroys because it's always about serving God

Be blessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home