Thursday, January 12, 2006

answering recent questions

*How is the reading working out?
*Are there books you are dreading reading?
*Which are you especially looking forward to reading?
These are the most recent questions I've found that i need to answer, and I've lost track of where I need to be.

I'm okay on Genesis and Exodus, but Leviticus KILLS me. I have never made it through, I don't get it, and I NEED HELP with this one. I've been focusing on Genesis and Exodus because they can hold my focus more.

I'm looking forward to getting on through to psalms and proverbs. I struggle mightily with this Old Testament, and I am so intimidated by it.

I'm way behind in the reading, but I've been sort of waiting to see what people had to say about Leviticus before I dive in, hoping that by what others said, it would shed some light on it, and help me read it differently.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 2:02 PM, Blogger see-through faith said...

Susie I dont think you are behind. It's only day 8 or 6 tomorrow - depending if you started on Jan 6th (Friday) or the Sunday.

I started on Jan 6th and am scheduled to read Leviticus 1 - 14

Then I'll try to take the rest on Saturday, though the programme says to Lev 25:47 (which would leave 2 chapter s to Sunday)

I think the way the chapters works out is a bit weird and that's why - if I can I'll take half tomorrow and the rest Saturday.

Dreading it though, because like you I don't "get it"

 
At 1/13/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

Hi Susie,

I am just starting the Bible in 90 days... but I have read Leviticus before and it IS a slog. But what I found is that I could just let the language wash over me... let the rhythm of it become what I pay attention to, rather than the words themselves. When I was able to do that, it was much more fun to read. I think of it as an interesting, long, instruction manual in poetic form.

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home