Friday, January 13, 2006

awash with blood

today for the first time I realised how bloody the job of the priests was. All that slaughter, and pouring out of blood - and so many rules. And there would have been such a smell from the hot freshly spilled blood, and the burning of the fat!

Laughing with a friend about it today, I remarked that I was glad that Jesus came not to abolish the Law but to fulfil it - and that the temple was no longer required because He was the ultimate blood sacrifice and now His spirit lives in us.

I wonder too what animal rights activists would have made of all this :) -

(PS I'm only on chapter 7 - half way through today's but happy to be that far. Leviticus was one book I was really dreading - but the fact that we read it in 2 days (more or less) is encouraging!)

be blessed!

Finished to end of chapter 14. This wasn't as bad as I expected. I hated the blood and the sacrifice, but somehow understood the need to keep the camp clean of infection etc. Hated that the women were considered unclean during their period, but somehow could identify anyway (blush) and fumed that a mother was unclean for twice as long when she had given birth to a daughter! (Lev 12:1-5)

1 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 2:48 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

I'm starting chapter 16 today and will try to finish the lot, so I can start Numbers on Sunday. (the programme would have us stop with 2 chapters to go. I might still stop there - the NIV title is reward for obedience :)

I've never read numbers (blush) except a few excerpts, so wondering what lies ahead for the following 3-4 days too.

enjoying doing this, and thankful that Sr. Steph set up this blog. The support has been fantastic and really helped me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home