Wednesday, January 18, 2006

a bit sick

a bit sick here
and very stressed (lots of exams) I keep reminding myself that I can come to Him and rest and that I can also throw my anxiety off to Him -(1 Peter) but it's not working yet.

About to do today's reading but managed to get onto the computer so wanted to check in and ask for prayer.

It's nearly impossible to sleep here in the seminary. I was woken at 1am 4am and 7am by women coming back into the dorm and 6am by others in the kitchen clashing frying pans. And I didn't get to bed until midnight. Lord in your mercy help me block out the noise and unsettledness around me. Amen


I took a 10 min nap at the coffee break. It helped. And i did one exam today. NT. Exegesis of Exodus has been great because of reading the Torah here. Praise God.

Hope you are all well ? And the reading is inspiring you all - and not a chore! Tomorrow I try to read in the morning again. If I'm woken up at 6am I might as well :)

Be blessed

4 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ah, poor thing. Get better quick so you can enjoy the time. I'm struggling today with a very painful backache. It happens to me periodically for reasons I understand but don't like. Phooey.
I await my heavenly body with great anticipation.

I'm home in my bathrobe feeling miserable and finishing up Numbers. Not sure whether I'll be teaching a Bible study tonight at church or not.

 
At 1/18/2006 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of you! I know this is a tough time. you're in my prayers.

 
At 1/18/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger JWD said...

I live in a seminary apartment also and have really struggled with noise--I sleep like a cat, apparently, always on the alert.

However, I discovered the miracle of earplugs for helping me get a full night's sleep this past year. It is amazing how much it helps to block out the incidental noise of other folks coming and going. I highly recommend this to you, even if you feel a bit nerdy stuffing these things in your ears. I found I only needed to use them for about a month until my body readjusted its sleeping rhythm.

 
At 1/20/2006 1:41 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

Hi

jwd I'm afraid to use earplugs. :(
I think it's that fear of sleeping through a firealarm or someone coming up to me without me hearing them. It all needs prayer.

Last night I got 7h sleep though - everyone was in bed by midnight which here is like a miracle :) thank you for your prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home