Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whirlwind

While I am really enjoying this sprint through the Bible, I am also finding it a bit constraining. I started to get behind because I’d read a really interesting section and grab one of my favorite commentaries and read up on it, or take notes and ponder it.

Can’t be doing that with this read through.

I also get behind when spend time reading all y’all’s blogs. I think it would be great to do a more relaxed pace (if longer commitment time) in an online community like this. That way I’d have time to read what other’s have gleaned from the passage and also be able to read the commentaries and really think about a passage.

Okay, enough chit-chat. Back to the Torah.

2 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 12:58 AM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I got stuck in a commentary today too. Boy, it's hard not to do that.

Maybe we could try something like you mentioned after we get through the sprint.

 
At 1/18/2006 4:51 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I've just decided that I'm going to jot down passages that I really want to revisit...I won't follow them up this time round, but hope (plan??) to revisit them afterwards, before the trail gets cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home