Sunday, January 15, 2006

Relationships

For me, as I continue to read, the theme of relationships remains the link among the readings, e.g., the second part of the Genesis through its individual stories demonstrate the complexity, frailty, and vulnerability of relationships among humans.

The message for me is the need to recognize that most of the time in our daily lives we live out our relationship with God through/by living out relationships with others (human beings and the rest of creation). The obvious importance of this is suggested to me by the amount of "time" spent by Divine Inspiration/Wisdom/The Holy Spirit illustrating these stories for us in Scripture.

The questions I hear Scripture posing are:

How does my being in relationship with others (whether family, friends, community, coworkers) build up my relationship with God?


How does my being in relationship with others (whether family, friends, community, coworkers) interfere with/distract from my relationship with God?


How does my being in relationship with others (whether family, friends, community, coworkers) build up their relationships with God?


How does my being in relationship with others (whether family, friends, community, coworkers) interfere with/distract from their relationships with God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home