Friday, January 13, 2006

Joining the blog

Hi you guys!

I am happy to be joining you for this amazing adventure. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

I am Rachel and I am a member of the RevGals ring. I am a stay at home mother of two boys... married for almost 17 years and was baptised 2 1/2 years ago. I was raised unchurched, so didn't pick up a bible until about 4 years ago or so. I have read the New Testament and most of the Pentateuch... the psalms and other wisdom books... but have never read any of the histories or much of the prophets, so there is a huge amount of the bible that will be new to me!

I started reading the Zondervan Bible in 90 Days version yesterday. Although I am partial to the NRSV, I am finding the NIV translation VERY readable, which is nice! I am currently on day three of the reading.

Happy to be part of this process.

Love+
Rachel

3 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Hello, Rachel...no time to chat...gotta go read! ;-)

 
At 1/14/2006 2:21 AM, Blogger see-through faith said...

welcome :)

loved singing owl's comment! I'm packing and in haste too. I'll read on the train today.

 
At 1/14/2006 1:22 PM, Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

One of the great benefits of this project is that I am going to, by necessity, spend way less time wasting time on the computer.. or worse, in front of the tube!

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys. This is a great way to start the Epiphany season if you ask me!

Love+
Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home