Monday, May 08, 2006

Luke 13 some thoughts

1. Anyone know anything about the tower in Siloam? (Lk 13:4) The death of 18 people made a big impact on the community it seems.

2. Luke talks about figtrees. In the message it's about apple trees ... appropriate here in Finland where everyone loves apple trees and apple juice etc :)

"The gardener said, "Let's give it another year. I'll dig around it and fertilize, 9and maybe it will produce next year; if it doesn't, then chop it down.'"


reminds me of Jonah getting a second chance doesn't it you? And make me think too - how is it that God fertilizes you and me??

3.Jesus is often portrayed as being meek and mild, especially in films ... but listen to this

Jesus said, "Tell that fox [Herod] that I've no time for him right now. Today and tomorrow I'm busy clearing out the demons and healing the sick; the third day I'm wrapping things up.



That's all from me folks! What are your thoughts on Luke so far?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home