Saturday, January 28, 2006

2 Sam15:12

My notes suggest that this verse may have prompted David to cry out in Ps 41:9, 55:12-14

Ps 41:9 is a verse which has 'haunted me'
Even my close friend whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me. Jesus himself used this verse (Jn 13:18) but I dont think I've ever known who it was who David lamented.

I think the reason it speaks to me is because of the high value I put on friendship. Maybe even too high if that's possible. and yet we are called to lay down our life for our brother (and sister) in Christ.

Ps 55 is poignant too. When someone close insults, hurts or fails to stand up for us, it can cut us to the core. sigh. I wish I knew how to handle this. I think it is inevitable and yet I don't want to give up trusting people or allowing them to come close.

I think it's that I still need more of my identity to come from who I am in Christ and not from what other people say or do. But it's like a tightrope walk at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home