Sunday, January 22, 2006

couldn't put Joshua down

!

Read chapters 1- 20, stopping at the cities of refuge -which are such an interesting concept.

I did find the allocation of territory etc a bit confusing - my bible does have a map and I kept going there to try and make sense. One interesting thought I had was that Judah had too much so a landlocked area inside Judah was given to Simeon. I hadn't realized either that Jerusalem was in Benjamin's territory. mmm need to study OT more- exam tomorrow on it anyway :)

blessings
PS it's a bit warmer here. only - 15C thanks for prayers.

2 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I keep picturing a Bible I had as a teenage that had a map of the tribes allocation. A nice, clear, muliticolored map, and I'm wishing I still had that around.

I was swamped yesterday, so no reading, and I just got home from church. I usually collapse after Sunday service...do all pastors do that? Today I'm going to eat a bite and then sit down with Joshua and read till I MUST stop. ;-)

 
At 1/22/2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

This is a FABULOUS blog!!! Read! Read! Read!

You are now a link on my sites!

PS. When does the 90 days start? Where is everyone now? Maybe I should read the fineprint and find where to sign up (sheepish grin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home